Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sipi Falls






Hello! Gorgeous! Wish you were here!

What is it about gallons and gallons of falling water that is always so mezmorizing? There's something about water that is soothing too. Everyone always loves the ocean. We travel far to go to lakes and fish in rivers and hike to all sorts of places to see waterfalls. Water is refreshing, rejuvenating, fun. I am one of those that will hike to all sorts of places just to see a waterfall.

And these were beautiful. Not the most impressive height-wise, but GORGEOUS with all the flora. It was like being in a tropical paradise. Oh wait…I am! J Hiking through trees heavy with trumpet flowers and bananas, brilliant green everything as far as the eye can see is definitely my idea of a great weekend.

The hostel where we stayed reminded me of the girl's camp cabins and I actually ate "chips" and salsa! But my favorite part was Sunday morning early early, sitting on one of the outdoor couches, snuggled in a blanket, watching it pour, and discussing religious things with Amy. The night before we had a great talk with Viola, the Ugandan nurse at the clinic attached to the school, about always having Heavenly Father as your guide. These people are always so grateful, even with the little that they have. I think it is because they put God first in their lives. Viola is a happy, smart, fulfilled person. I would venture to say that those who have God in their lives tend to be grateful. Heavenly Father is always first and as such is always the giver of all good things. We must say thanks. J And I would venture to say that grateful people enjoy a greater sense of satisfaction from life. They are more content with their surroundings and are generally happy on a level separated from material things. I've realized I need to have more talks like these in my life. I love how much everyone here is so focused on spiritual things.

It's nice to have some contemplation time. And what better place than enjoying Heavenly Father's great creations? I would say that we all need contemplation time, no matter what your religion or personal beliefs. It helps to get back in touch with who you are and where you are going. Life makes us forget. A little quiet can help us remember.

1 comment:

Spenceredgin said...

Holls,

Sounds like things have been a blast for you! Good thing that swing didn't break...looks like you might have dropped about a 1000 feet or so if it did! How've you been?

Spence