Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy Easter!


Highlights:
- WE GOT TO GO TO CHURCH! And I even had a new easter african dress made just for the occasion. Everyone at church loved that Amy and I were trying to "fit in".
- We snuck into Primary to sing "Head Shoulders knees and toes" with the darling little kids. A little "The wise man build his house upon the rock" and I was in heaven. One darling little girl snuggled up right next to me on the piano bench and leaned right into the craddle of my arm while playing with my hand. I love these kids!
- Judith, a 20 year old member, invited us over for Easter dinner. Even though it was a total gamble with what we would be served, I just love being in the homes of the people here. We had rice and chicken (I passed on matoke) which was actually really good! We ate on reed mats spread on the floor. In my african dress I was feeling very "native".
- Back at Bujagali falls where we stayed to raft the river, we waited for our taxi to take us to Kampala. AMy and I sat on the back porch of the restaurant there, overlooking the Nile and gorgeous trees, when a little monkey popped into view. Just hanging out right in our line of sight, staring straight at us.
- I had the most comfortable taxi ride ever, not squashed 4 or 5 to a row, but 3, just as the japanese intended those little things to be packed.
- that night I slept in a double bed. Heaven.

No comments: