Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hodgepodge






I had an incredible week, interviewing with Save the Children, UNICEF, the Hunger Project, and doing a bit of souvenier shopping in Kampala. But that's not what this blog is about - it's about a bunch of random pics I wanted to share and didn't have time to explain. Some are the little P1 kids at Arlington, don't you love that in the deep mountains of Uganda, you can find someone wearing a Texas shirt? IT was the 3rd I had seen in 4 days. And a mug. I saw a Texas mug. We are taking over the world! :)
One pic is of me sitting with some kids in their "classroom" that was barely 5 people wide. Another is me with cookies we made at Sam and Norahs. they had an oven. We had to give it a whirl. Without a recipe and using soy flour instead of wheat (heck, I couldn't tell which bag was what when I bought it), they didn't turn out so bad! And a pic of the falls I forgot to include in the rafting blog.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Read through some of your blog, didn't have all night to read the whole thing. Sounds like an awesome trip and your detailed narrative was entertaining as well. I can only assume you got home safely, sans $50 for a Kenyan passport.

I got to see India this past November and it was quite the experience though, I can say for certain that particular aspects were very similar to yours and there were others that were completely opposite. Imagine building houses in the heat of India. It's hot, the sun is beating down on you. It's 2pm. Men in tuxedos come by the house you're constructing. It's time for tea. Hot tea. Wha..?!